Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Backbone State Park (the forgotten files)

Back when Blogger and my Computer were not friends, there were a few posts that were never published.  This was one of them.  I also felt since I didn't get a "decent" picture of the State Park sign it never was "completed".  However, I'm back to change my mind.  One thing I've learned (especially with our latest camping trip) is every trip has a story and it's a specific point in our lives and it's all worth it and makes the story that much better.  The following is what is forever etched in my mind that I remember and some of what I did have typed out already...

As I said earlier, it took me awhile to accept this trip actually happened.  If I don't have a perfect picture of the sign to prove it, did it actually happen?  Well, yes, it did happen because I have the memories to prove it...



The best pictures I could get, if I blow them up any larger they are blurry beyond recognition...

This trip happened on August 3, 2013--when Miles was close to two months old and Harper was 2.

My dad met us Friday night around 11 p.m. with a random pizza (which we were grateful for), we had spent all night dealing with two very little kids and a new camper that we were unsure how to set up, thus it didn't leave much time to get a fire going or dinner cooked.  Miles had a severe case of constipation and it was about the first time he'd been anything other than a perfect baby, so we were a little frazzled.  It was our first experience with gripe water and prune juice for the little man, and there was nothing we were really able to do for him...

Saturday morning we spent the day at the beach and countless walks up the "Castle" as you can see pictured below.
that. hair.


Baby whisperer trying his best to console Miles



View from the top of the "Castle"

The campsite was recovering from a bad flood so on Sunday we walked the park to look at the aftermath:


Our little family

Back at the campsite there were lots of naps and playtime:

Back when she was obsessed with her boots




OMG. I've got SERIOUS baby fever looking at his squishyness...



Back when entertaining them was easy...
 
Sunday night there was a huge storm and when we woke it was down pouring.  Tyler tried to pick everything up the best he could and made his own rain jacket.... 
Why yes, that is a garbage bag he is wearing....


Damage from the storm--trees were split and cracked everywhere thru the campsite


Whew. See, I'm glad I shared that.  It's amazing how fast little ones grow up and even though I didn't have the picture-perfect pictures to share, I had a lot of other great ones and great memories to share... :)

As always here's a list of the 55 State Parks (only 41 more to go!):

Ambrose A. Call State Park
Backbone State Park - done!
Beeds Lake State Park -here
Bellevue State Park here
Black Hawk State Park
Brushy Creek State Park - here
Clear Lake State Park
Dolliver Memorial State Park
Elinor Bedell State Park
Elk Rock State Park
Emerson Bay & Lighthouse State Park
Fairport State Park
Fort Defiance State Park
Geode State Park
George Wyth State Park - here
Green Valley State Park
Gull Point State Park
Honey Creek State Park
Lacey-Keosauqua State Park
Lake Ahquabi State Park here
Lake Anita State Park
Lake Darling State Park
Lake Keomah State Park
Lake Macbride State Park
Lake Manawa State Park
Lake of Three Fires State Park
Lake Wapello State Park- here
Ledges State Park
Lewis & Clark State Park
Maquoketa Caves State Park
Marble Beach State Park
Mcintosh Woods State Park
Nine Eagles State Park - here
Pallisades-Kepler State Park
Pikes Peak State Park
Pilot Knob State Park - here
Pine Lake State Park
Pleasant Creek State Recreation Area
Prarie Rose State Park
Preparation Canyon State Park
Red Haw State Park
Rock Creek State Park - here
Shimek Forest State Park
Springbrook State Park
Stephens Forest State Park
Stone State Park
Union Grove State Park
Viking Lake State Park
Volga River State Park
Walnut Woods State Park -here
Wapsipinicon State Park -here
Waubonsie State Park
Wildcat Den State Park-here
Wilson Island State Park
Yellow River Forest Camp State Park - here

No comments:

Post a Comment