Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Three years


I think I say this everyday (especially having a child growing up before your eyes) but TIME FLIES.  It's hard to believe that Ty and I have been married another year!  Today is our three year anniversary.  I sound like a broken record, but I'm so happy to have him by my side on this crazy ride of our lives. We like to spend every anniversary recounting all the trials, triumphs, challenges, etc. the past year has presented.  While we like to challenge ourselves (more than we sometimes should), we also try not to take ourselves too seriously. We still have so much fun together and often find ourselves in the uncontrollable giggles with something we've said or done... 

A recent car trip converstaion on our way back to Sioux City for a wedding:
Tyler: I do NOT miss this drive
Me: Yeah, every weekend one of us was driving to see the other one
Tyler: yeah..........
Me: Yeah, I don't think I'd do that today if you had to move away
Tyler: Yeah, me either.
then we both look at each and laugh and talk about all the changes a relationship  takes over the years. :)

Besides reflecting on the previous year, we like to take a picture ON September 19th every year.

One Year Anniversary in Boston


Two Year Anniversary

Here's all the changes to our lives in the last year:
  •  This time last year we were in Galena, IL for our anniversary.  First overnight trip away from her parents for Miss Harper staying and Grandma Joni and Papa's house
  • Ty spent a week in the hospital and nearly died.
  • Our newest niece, Stella was born.
  • We signed a contract to build a house
  • Gracie turned 3.
  • Ty turned 26.
  • We graduated with MBA's!!!
  • Harper turned 1 (still hard to believe....)
  • I turned 28
  • Mercedes turned close to a million...
  • We moved into our new house
  • We have TWO mortgages!! We've had three sellers of our old house to date and they all keep flopping... 
  • Ty is off nights!
  • Able to cross two State Parks off our list.
  • Another Iowa State Fair in the books...
  • I had my five year anniversary at JD this year...
  • We attended 5 weddings this year--two of which Ty was in (it's slowing down, I swear!)
  • I went to New York 5 times for work (rest assured I was able to squeeze in some sightseeing too!)
Look forward to seeing what 2013 brings! :)
I was looking at our wedding pictures and I stumbled across this one.  I don't remember it, but it makes me laugh.  I love that Ty is holding the flowers....Also, look at Jake's facial expression (far left)

No comments:

Post a Comment