Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend recap

So with us being done with school and Tyler back on days (YIPEE!) you would think we have more time on our hands... but that is definitely not the case--it seems like the hours are just flying by... it also seems Harper learns something new everyday which makes her more and more like a toddler everyday and less like a baby... Our weekends just seem to zoom by (do yours?)

Friday we did our final walk through of the house.  We are so excited to move in we can barely stand it.  The only bit of trepidation we have is that we are still waiting to sell our existing house.  (If you wouldn't mind saying a little prayer to St. Joseph to help, that would be appreciated).  Here is the house fully sodded & painted:
We close on the 19th and move in on the 25th!
Saturday we were both selected to participate in a recognition event for our ccontribution to United Way through work. I am not really a golfer, but didn't want to miss out on this opportunity so I said I would golf knowing it would be best shot so my abilities wouldn't be that detrimental to the team... :)

Denny Albaugh graciously allowed us to golf on his private course for this event.  When I was googling him to try and find a link (there weren't really any good one, but lots of okay sites).  I have to say, I'm not a golfer but I had a ton of fun on this course.  It was fun to see all the holes, the mansions and their pools, the massive pool houses, looking through the mansion windows (from the course of course...) and in general the company. 

One of the course holes

Our team on the 19th hole: Mike (my former boss), Jake, myself, & Ty
 (yes, this is a 19 hole course....)


Denny even opened his car "garage" he's got a massive collection--1 chevy convertible for every year they were made....

 On Sunday we headed over to Nick's house to celebrate father's day with a grill out.  We had an amazing meal and we all left stuffed to the gills.  So I'm not sure if I have told you the amount of food Harper consumes, but it is crazy. I even had to ask the doctor at her last well baby appointment if it was normal or if she would indeed stop eating when she was full (yes to both of those questions). We're not sure where ALL the food is packed... but she ate 3 slices of watermelon, 1/2 a chicken breast, 2 sticks of asparagus and tomatoes, cucumbers, onions & mozzarella salad.  The only food that we have found that she doesn't like (but will still tolerate) is blackberries.  She'll eat pickles, onions, LOVES tomatoes, blueberries, bananas, GOLDFISH...basically whatever you're eating.  A few weekends ago we gave her her own slice of watermelon and she thought she was big stuff.  So last night we stripped her down and gave her a piece and she went to town--devouring 3 slices!!!

Who does she look like? I see a mixture of Nick, Tyler, and myself...


My dad and Harper (stuffed and sticky!) :)
 Hope you all had a great weekend and Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment