Tuesday, May 8, 2012

we did it!!!

So last Friday we GRADUATED with our MBA's!  It was a long, trying 2 1/2 years but I couldn't think of a better person to try and accomplish such a task with... Not to get sappy, but Ty has had an incredible feat of not only studying and working towards his own MBA, he has been my support and has continually pushed me to complete mine.  I can honestly say I would not have that little piece of paper without him.  There were COUNTLESS nights that I told him I was done, I couldn't do it.  I remember starting my MBA with Financial Accounting & Statistics two nights a week while I was on third shift doing an extremely time & energy consuming job.  Neither of those classes clicked for me and I had such a hard time understanding them.  He was so patient as he retaught me the entire class 2,948,098 times.  To think how many things (us getting married, me working nights, Ty working nights, having a baby, Tyler switching jobs & companies twice, me switching jobs three times, and countless others) tried to derail us from our plans and we just trooped right through them... 

Our evening core MBA group

Harper's really excited for Mom & Dad
After we completed our first class we told each other when we graduated we were going somewhere to celebrate our accomplishments!  Well, with Ty's new job he wasn't given as much vacation as we would have liked so our plans of going to Mexico to celebrate were put on hold.  We compromised and settled for a night on the town.  One of my aunts pretty much begged to watch Harper and even volunteered to overnight babysit.  We  jumped at the chance and planned a celebratory date night last Saturday.  We dropped her off and came back and got ready (seriously, getting ready without watching a crawling/walking one year old is a treat all in itself!) :) and then went out to eat, was in bed early, and then got to sleep in.  Sometimes it's the little things!  So here a little story from our night... I would consider this a Ty-ism, but you can be the judge...

So when I returned home from dropping Harper off at my aunts I was greeted by a dozen pink & white roses with a card from Tyler & Harper congratulating me for completing my masters.  (Ty has given me flowers a hand full of times so this was a MAJOR thoughtful and romantic gift). We then had a great time at 801 Chophouse downtown.  For those of you not familiar with DM, it's an extremely fancy and pricey restaurant (my small steak was $40!).  Ty ordered the lobster and when it arrived the beady little eyes were staring me in the face.  I told Ty to rotate the plate so I didn't have to stare at them.  When I would look down or away he would rotate the plate so the little eyes were staring at me.  I think I told him three times to turn the plate.  After dinner we went to El Bait shop to have a few drinks.  We were sitting and talking
Ty: "OH! I forgot I have a surprise for you"
Me: What is it? Tell me
Ty: It's not something I can tell you, it's something I have for you.  But you have to wait an hour.
Me: Show me now (in my head I'm thinking this man is too good to be true! First flowers, than a nice dinner, and now so piece of jewelry!)
Ty: Okay, you have to go away and then come back and it'll be here.
Me: No, just give it to me now.
Ty: No, It'll be much more dramatic if you leave. 
So I walk over to the back wall and come back to the bar and what is sitting by my drink but the FREAKING PAIR OF EYEBALLS FROM THE LOBSTER!  What man saves lobster eyeballs to give to his wife?!?!?! my man does! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment