Saturday, January 28, 2012

WE ARE ALIVE....

Apparently I have three followers and they politely requested that I update the blog.  In the back of my head I had realized it'd been a loooooooong time, but didn't quite realize how long it'd been until I pulled the blog up and saw little miss at 5 months old.  Hard to believe she's 8 months already!!! (I'll have to back track and post those pictures soon!)

We have been very busy these last few months and throwing the holidays in there didn't help matters much either... So I'll try to do a little recap for you:

October:
 We walked in the Susan G. Komen Race where Nick and Tyler walked with 100 lbs each on their back for a local organization, Testies for Breasties (and no mom, this is NOT why Ty spent a week in the hospital--more on that later):


We took a little trip to Howell's Pumpkin and Tree farm:
 Harper was a pea pod for Halloween, except we didn't actually go trick or treating or anything, because we had night class.  Basically she just wore the suit so we could take a few pictures of her.
We also had our 4th annual pumpkin carving contest at our house, but I'm WAY to lazy to post all of those pictures and at the group photo isn't G-rated... :) So this picture of Ty's mini-me will have to work. Doesn't she look JUST like Ty? 


 And one last pumpkin related picture, seriously couldn't help it.  Any ideas where we got her nickname, Bug from? :)


November:
Unfortunately November wasn't as much fun as December was... The start of November was pretty rough (and scary for us). 

Harper had ended October with the flu, which she generously passed on to me.  They say one of the rights of passage for becoming a mother is getting puked on, well I did. For sure, straight in my mouth!  Which was less than awesome, but pretty much obvious I would be getting sick too.  Which happened a day later.  So when Ty started feeling under the weather a few days later we didn't think anything of it.  He never got full fledged sick and so he kept going, working his normal  hours and "sweating his cold" out at night. 

After a week of feeling like crap he decided to skip night class and go to urgent care to see if they'd give him some drugs.  That's when I get a call from ugent care stating I had 20 minutes to come pick him up or he was getting taken by ambulance to the hospital. I go and pick him up, all the while thinking how big of a wuss he is. (Still thinking that as we're sitting in the E.R. while the doctors are stating he's dehydrated). Then we hear in the hallway that the patient in bed 5 (Tyler) has renal failure. We both whip our phones out so quick to google what that means, only to find out his kidney's are failing.  The doctors tell us they'll be admitting him for the night to get him hydrated and he'll be out in the morning.  They considered letting him go, but said since it was so late they might as well keep him for the night to monitor him.  I thought nothing of it and left about 2 in the morning to get some shut eye.  I thought I'd be going back early in the morning to get him. 

Well, he ended up spending the entire week in the hospital and it wasn't until we were checking out that the doctor told us how fantastic of a recovery Tyler made and that when we was admitted they didn't think he could live. You can imagine how pissed I was for acting so nonchalantly in the beginning and how scared we were that we could have lost Ty.

For Thanksgiving we had lunch with Ty's extended family and then drove up to Rochester, MN where Ty's mom had an emergency hysterectomy and was still in the hospital.  We stayed up there for a short while before we headed back to DM for BLACK FRIDAY shopping. Ty and I always go--just the two of us and we love it.  We work well as a team and can usually score everything on our list as well as his mom's list.

I started making all of Harper's baby food.  She has loved everything we've given her, except peas.  And I'm okay with that, because I hate peas too. :)  (notice the incredibly ginger eyebrows).
So that was November--not all that exciting. Well, it was exciting--but not in a good way.





December:

December was a lot of shuffling between all of our family Christmas, but it was nice now that we both work at JD and get 11 days off. We enjoyed quite a few Christmas parties:


 
Welcomed another niece. Here's baby Stella:


Bought a hunk of dirt.  This is our lot, they've already got the basement poured.

Ty and I have each been working 60+ work weeks on different shifts.  Most days we see each other for a few hours.  Most nights I get home from a long day at work and find these two all snuggled and warm:

I am happy to say that Tyler and I are in our LAST semester of grad school.  Which we are so excited about (and gives Harper something to smile about too!):



And that was October-January in a whirlwind for you.  I'm leaving you with these pictures.  Grandma Patty gave her this monkey for Christmas, which we affectionately named Petunia. She LOVES it, she will give it kisses, talk to it, sing to it and it goes to bed with her as well.  Seriously how precious is this....


No comments:

Post a Comment