A few years ago we were over at our friend's Brooke & Jeff's house when I stumbled across a little slice of heaven...Brooke had a Honey Do list of projects around the house for Jeff to complete. WHY hadn't I thought of this great idea? I LOVE lists and crossing things off the list, and we all know our house had many projects that needed to make the list. So at Brooke & Jeff's kitchen table I made my Honey Do list for Tyler... I added some things that had already been completed, just so we could get the satisfaction of crossing things off and so Tyler wouldn't get too overwhelmed with my list... Well, we have successfully crossed off projects such as the backyard, the frontyard, the pool, and countless other projects that I was just to lazy to blog about. We have a few projects left before we have decided that is all we are going to do before we sell the house.
A few weeks ago I got what Tyler refers to as "a wild hair". Saturday morning we were eating breakfast and lounging in our pajamas when I decided we were bored with nothing to do all weekend and we should tackle something on the Honey Do list. 10 minutes later we were outside ripping out anything that stood in our path, it wasn't until 2 hours later that I realized I FORGOT TO TAKE BEFORE PICTURES!!! So this is the best I can do for "before":
You can see we have already already successfuly tore out 4-5 trees along fenceline. I know you're looking at these weeds thinking ohh those aren't that bad, surely there is an optical illusion taking place and those weeds aren't really as tall as Tyler. Ohh, but they WERE! Not exaggerating when I say the weeds were 1/2 up our torso, it was crazy.
I think it's so funny that Gracie is so concerned with what we're doing. I didn't ask her to model for this picture, she just always seems to make the shot. :)
A little of the pile we cleared out.
Saturday night (yes, we're boring now that we're busy "brewing" a baby) we went to Lowes to purchase the necessary equipment to continue the next day. We purchased a new shovel (as we now have consistently broke a shovel every year), black fabric to keep the weeds out, 48 bags of mulch, edging, yard stakes, and WEED KILLER!). We were back at it the next morning and it didn't take as long thanks to our free helper, Jake. Ty and I filled 8 yard bags and 4 stick bundles, as well as filling 4 loads of brush in the back of Jake's truck. It looks pretty barren now, but I don't mind as it gave me a small panic attack every time I looked at it last year...
I know it looks so bare now, we'll let the next homeowners worry about adding landscape. All I can say is Tyler, myself, and Baby D were throughly wiped out after this Honey Do project. Stay tuned for After pictures of another project on our list. (Ty forgot to take before pictures)...





No comments:
Post a Comment