Monday, April 12, 2010

Backyard makeover

Okay, I'm giving this new media form a try...I thought this would be a good way for us to keep everyone informed of our life's happenings.

So I'll start out this new post with pictures of our extremely long weekend...

This was our yard when we bought the house over a year ago:
This week we had a guy come over and grind the stump out of the tree that we cut down last fall. We then sodded the back yard, transplanted a bunch of hostas (I'm pretty sure Ty never wants to hear that word again!), put in a new walkway and stairs. Our old roomie Jake missed us so much he game over on Sunday to help us cut down 4 overly huge bushes and do yard work (free labor like that make me miss him!). My mom, brother, his girlfriend Jess, and Jake came over for dinner and they stayed around to powerwash and drain the "black" pool water. I'll leave you with some more pictures...

We hope to have the pool done by May 11th. So stay posted for the painting of the pool.


Ohh, and I almost forgot...Ty and I passed our first Masters class! Wahoooo.....Only 2 1/2 more years to go!!!

1 comment:

  1. yah i'm the first to post a comment:) that pool looks nasty! can't wait to see the shiny new finished product - and swim in it too! miss you love!

    ReplyDelete