Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Weeks 29-32

Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.


Ty-ism #21: I made a list of interview questions to ask prospective daycare providers and wanted Ty to review the questions.
Me: Any other questions you can think of?
Tyler: Yah, you forgot to ask how much they weigh.
Me: WHY would I ask that?
Tyler: Well we don't want someone that's really fat to babysit our kid.  Fat people just sit--that's why they're fat. We need someone under 300 lbs that can be active with our kid.
Me: ...  (speechless...)

Ty-ism #22:
Me: What's the one physical feature of mine you hope the baby doesn't get?
Ty: (without skipping a beat...) Thunderous Thighs
Me: Ohh...not just large thighs, but thunderous thighs huh?
Ty: Well, I'm just saying you're thighs aren't small... what was I supposed to say?!?!?!
Me: Maybe my crooked teeth, before braces?
Ty: Yeah, that would have been a good one....

No comments:

Post a Comment