Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Week 22-24: Papaya

Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

A few "ty-isms" for you to enjoy... (they're coming so frequently now, I'm forgetting a lot of them!):

Ty-ism #7: After taking my 5 month picture (which I still need to post) 
Tyler said: "Five months pregnant isn't very flattering on you".
Me: "thanks hon"
Tyler: "well, I'm just saying, if you weren't pregnant we'd have to get you to the gym..."

Ty-ism #8: 
Me: "So, are you going to take baby basics for fathers at the hospital?"
Ty: "Only if I can get a 'Best Father Hands Down' shirt"

Ty-ism #9:  We found out we were having a girl first thing in the morning and after work I called and asked,
Me: "So, now that you've had time to let it sink in you're having a girl, what do you think?"
Ty: "Well, (long sigh) I just don't know anything about periods and stuff.  How am I going to talk to her about that?"
Me: "I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about that, you'd be the last person she'll want to talk to you about that."
Ty: "are you sure?"
Me: "yes, positive"
Ty: "okay, well that was my only major concern."

Ty-ism #10: (deep sigh) A girl's going to make me all that stuff I'm not... sensitive and shit.

Ty-ism #11:
Tyler:"what way are you supposed to wipe girls?"
Me: "front to back"
Tyler: "okay, how can I remember that....."
Me: "you don't want to wipe poop to the front"
Tyler: "Ohh, that's a GREAT way to remember it! Got it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment