Tuesday, May 28, 2013

37 Weeks and counting...

This is the longest I've ever been pregnant and I have a new found respect for all the mommas that go the full 40 weeks. I'm waddling, I'm out of breath, I'm uncomfortable, I'm getting up every 2 hours at night to pee, I have no energy {oh, and STILL having regular, uncomfortable contractions}...basically I'm ready to be done! :)

Last Friday I had my weekly Dr. visit {I've been having weekly visits for about 2 months now since I went early with Harper}.  They weighed me, measured my belly, listen to baby's heartbeat, and checked to see if he'd be making an appearance over the holiday weekend {no such luck!}.  The Dr. was a little concerned because in one weeks time I lost 5 lbs but my belly measurement grew 2 sizes {at 36 weeks I was measuring at 36 weeks and this week at 37 weeks I measured 38 weeks}.  The Dr. asked if I felt "bigger" this time around and I just stared at him.  You mean between the 50 added lbs with this one {only gained 30 with H} and being two more weeks pregnant then the last time around I now had to judge if this baby felt bigger? I just looked at him....  He said, well we better get an ultrasound for next week {Thursday, May 30th} to see how big he is.  The Dr.'s guess is he's already over 8 lbs {and they say the baby gains 1 lb a week the last month}.  If his estimate is true, then they'll probably induce me this week/end.  So we'll see what happens, my mom may get her favorite birthday present ever ;)

Ty-ism #41:
Ty: well, you can really tell all your hard work paid off...
Me: what?
Ty: you know, losing the 5 lbs... you're looking really slim {then starts giggling}

Ty-ism #42:
I was giving the little guy a pep talk this morning:
Me: Alright little man, we already know you have more patience than your mom, dad, and sister combined.  Anytime you want to come out and make your appearance will be fine with all of us...
Tyler: I don't think he wants to come out... he knows what to expect...
Me: what? he doesn't like us?
Tyler: no, he just knows he's going to have to deal with 2 very head strong women the rest of his life.  I'd stay in there too. Just peace and quiet in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment