2.5 weeks ago after work I was having excruciating cramps, I started tracking them and noticed they were lasting 1 minute and were 4 minutes apart. I took a shower hoping that would help, when that didn't I told Ty I think we needed to go to the hospital. He thought I should call the doctor first and verify if I should go in. I called 4 times but kept hanging up, Ty was watching me and he finally asked what I was doing. Turns out I wasn't able to focus long enough to listen to all the options {you know, push 1 to speak to blah, blah, blah, push 2 if.....}. When he realized that, we went into panic mode and started the journey to the hospital.
We got to the hospital where they checked me in and hooked me up to a monitor. They tracked the baby's heartbeat and contractions for 2 hours and then decided to give me a muscle relaxer to stop the contractions. They then did a culture swab that could somewhat predict if I would be going into labor in the next 2 weeks. They said it was negative and sent me home to rest. They told me to come back in if I have more than 6 contractions in a hour {which has been about every day since then}. I told Ty I would be living in the hospital if I did that, so as long as they aren't overly painful like they were the last time I've been trying to just lay low instead.
Call it mother's intuition or whatever you want, but I have a feeling this guy has his dad's laid back personality already... I'm thinking I'll go over the 40 weeks with this guy.
My cravings thus far with the little dude:
- Eggos
- grease
- anything salty {but if tater tots are present, those are my #1 choice}
- anything sweet--Ty's had to make a few drumstick runs. I keep having the craving for fruit Popsicles, but they've all been so late at night that I feel bad making him run to go get them...
- and the most random craving: Soy Milk. I'm not a fan of milk, never have been but I seriously cannot get enough. I drink it by the
glasscarton. Literally last night I drank an entire carton.
Ty-ism #39:
After our scare mentioned above I thought it was time to pack our bags. I had my bag and the baby's packed and was telling Ty to pack his bag.
Ty: I don't need a bag
Me: Yeah, you do. We'll be there for a few days
Ty: No, we only stayed last time because we were in Minneapolis and Harper was in the NICU
Me: No, all moms & babies stay in the hospital for a few days
Ty: Seriously?
Me: Yes.
Ty: Yeah, but I still don't have to stay because I'll be so close to home this time. I'll planned on just sleeping and showering at home.
Me: umm no. Pack your bags.
Ty-ism #40:
Last night I was standing in the kitchen in Capri's when Tyler starts laughing
Me: What is it?
Tyler: Ohh, nothing {still laughing}
Me: tell me
Tyler: {again, still laughing} try to find your ankles...
Me: that's not funny. I can't help it
Tyler: ohh, it's really funny....{still laughing}
No comments:
Post a Comment