That’s
right, I survived and I have millions of pictures to prove it.
When
I found out Tyler had to work ALL of Easter weekend (Friday, Saturday AND
Sunday) I was skeptical to travel all by my lonesome. I mean we’re out numbered when it’s Ty AND
me, what was I going to do when it was 3 v 1.
I went back and forth as to what I should do but I ultimately got a
little crazy and decided I COULD DO IT!
Friday
morning we woke up as usual and drove to Des Moines.
 |
And we're OFF! Thank goodness for DVD players!!
|
We headed over to my cousin’s house to catch
up (where I didn’t get a photo). She has
two boys so Miles (and Harper for that matter) were very excited to being
playing with different toys—especially boy toys! Later that evening we went
over to our good friends the Happes. Hayden
is 2 weeks younger than Harper and Carson is about 2 months younger than Miles
and they are expecting a little girl in July (yay!). It’s fun to get them all together because they
usually play so nicely and we understand each other’s shitshow chaotic-ness
that can happen... J
 |
| Carson, Hayden & Miles eating popcorn and watching baseball |
 |
| Hayden was absolutely smitten by Ms. Hazel |
 |
| our rowdy crowd |
Saturday
morning we dropped Ms. Harper off with my aunt and cousin. She had fun being the only child and seeing
her most favorite person in the whole world, Jake. Then Miles, Hazel and I continued on our trek
West to visit with Grandma Cookie, aunts, uncles and cousins—many of which were
meeting Hazel for the first time. We ate
lunch at Godfathers, which is always a tradition when in Carroll. Miles had no problem eating his weight in
fruit from the salad bar and pizza. :) We were able to meet the youngest member of our extended family, Cade. He is two weeks younger than Hazel and let me just say he is an absolutely stylish little man. Once Miles
went down for a nap we headed to the nursing home to visit with my great aunt
and uncle. To say Hazel was a hit would
be an understatement... :)
 |
| Great Aunt Helen with Hazel |
Sunday
morning we headed to church where Harper slept through the entire Easter
mass. Miles was good for about the first
45 minutes and then started to slowly fall apart. He yelled sang “Allelujah” during opening
hymns. It was absolutely precious and melted my heart. We had lunch at my uncle’s house (read not
baby proofed). The kids all started to
get tired (read naughty and hyper) so I was thankful it was warm enough that
they could run around outside. We hid Easter
eggs, colored with chalk, chased balls and played with the Selfie stick before
starting the 4.5 hour trip home.
 |
| Miles reading his new book to Hazel before church |
 |
| Saying "hi" to Grandma and Grandpa in Spain |
 |
| Easter Egg hunt action shot |
 |
| The best "family" picture we got |
 |
| He thought it was SO FUNNY yelling "bunny" with his ears on :) |
 |
| Trying to get a picture of Hazel & Cade, but of course others had to join... :) |
 |
| checking out the babies |
 |
| Miles thankful for another boy! (I think this was right after he accidentally sat on Cade's face...) |
 |
| The best we're going to get for a group Easter picture |
 |
| Fun with the selfie stick |
 |
| Miles loving life with these pretty girls |
 |
| Hazel 3 days shy of 3 months old |
 |
| a quiet car ride home... |
No comments:
Post a Comment