Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mini Macy's Day Parade

Last weekend I was informed of a fun little parade that was happening in downtown Davenport.  The forecast called for rain, so it was kind of up in the air if we would be able to attend. Well, it rained ALL NIGHT but managed to stopped a little before the parade was scheduled to start.  We bundled up and brought tons of snacks to keep the kids entertained and headed to see the parade.

Needless to say, Quad Cities once again impressed us.



Grandma and Harper looking at "Chilly" 


Grandma and Miles

Santa made an appearance in his SNAZZY ride
Grandma and Harper staying warm


Miles LOVES papa

Harper, Me, Al & Miles checking out the balloons (this was Miles' expression the entire parade) :)
 
JOHN DEERE! Obviously we're over the JD balloon and onto...

The JOHN DEERE TRACTORS!
 The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out with Grandma and Papa around the house.  We went to Church on Sunday followed by brunch at our neighbors.  Later that day we went to a Christmas Tree Silent Auction and I scored a huge wreath for $30.

That got me in the Christmas spirit (even though I usually refuse to decorate before Thanksgiving).  That night as I was pulling all the Christmas decorations out, I realized I should probably get all the baby stuff while I was down there.  That turned into me going crazy nesting and I removed everything from storage and convinced Ty we should "quick" build some of these I found on Pinterest.  So at 6 pm that night we went to the hardware store and purchased a lot of wood.  By 8 we had this:

And by 9:30 that night we had the shelves installed and everything organized and back on the shelves. :)  More on those pics later...





No comments:

Post a Comment