Friday, June 28, 2013

Pinterest Flop

Somewhere along the lines I came across a few NAILED IT! pics and thought they were hilarious {a quick google search provides some comedy as well}. I've always known my day would come where I would fall victim to and have a similar outcome....

Mine wasn't thaaaaat bad and I've almost lived with it for a year now, but I'd finally had enough....{in my Memorial Day Recap post I mentioned how we had a lot of things on our "well, I guess the baby isn't coming so I might as well finish this" project list and this was one of them.  I couldn't stand it any longer... 

I recently read this blog post {warning: if you don't already follow them be careful...they will make you do a lot of DIY projects around your house...} and after days "sitting" on their selection of window treatments I thought they'd go well in our living room and bring some wood texture into the room. When I went to show Ty what I wanted in the Living Room (something similar to this) I casually threw in I wanted these blinds in the playroom as well and thought since we were going to Home Depot to get a new spark plug for our weedwacker we could get 5 sets of these .  He agreed to the playroom ones but said I had to find the curtains and rod before he'd buy them for the Living Room. He also said I was getting too many DIY project ideas before the baby came and he HATES leaving projects 1/2 way done so he said we can do them One. At. A. Time.  So down came the curtains... I LOVED the fabric but hated the curtains for the following reasons:

I hated how inside you could see the miniblind slats that had to remain to make the roman shade "work"

I was also not a fan of when you drove by you could see the chevron portion.  The top part of the curtain was white and then there was this funny yellow UNEVEN portion on the two front windows. Drove. Me. Crazy.

Side Note: love my flower boxes? I purchased those with some birthday money and got one heckuva deal.  They were $10/piece on sale for $6/piece (that included the lining).  Yes, you read that right. Totaled $12. The flowers I put in there were more expensive then the flower boxes themselves.  When Ty and I went back to get some for my mom's birthday present they must have realized their error because they were now $38/piece on sale for $18.99....

See what I mean they were "uneven"... I couldn't get them to get the same pleat.  Also, they weren't long enough when they were fully extended so the rule around the house was, "DON'T USE THEM because you'll mess up the equal "fluffyness"
So I think Ty was more then ready to ditch the homemade chevron's as well...But don't worry, I have other plans for that fabric in that room....



Sorry the pictures are so terrible, you'll just have to come over and see them with your own eyes! :)  I didn't get one from the outside looking in, but you can't even tell they're there (which is perfect because it doesn't deter from the outside of the house).

No comments:

Post a Comment