Meet Miles Alan DeMaris:
Born June 10th, 2013 at 11:52 a.m. weighing 9 lbs 11.6 oz and 19.5 inches long and 100% perfect. :)
Here is his birth story.
So we knew he was already measuring big and they were concerned the last few weeks he would put on too much weight making it difficult to deliver him naturally. They scheduled an induction for Friday the 7th and told me they'd call at 5 am to let me know what time to come in. At 5:30 am they called and said they were currently full, but they'd try mid-afternoon. So my mom and I passed the time by hitting us some garage sales (I scored big)! Around lunch time they called and said they couldn't accommodate me (we found out later they delivered 2 or 3 sets of twins that week) and they'd try again on Monday. The weekend passed by pretty uneventful with no baby. :)
Monday morning at 5 a.m. they called and asked if I could be there at 7 a.m. I called my mom and she headed over to watch Harper. We got some last minute things together and headed to the hospital and arrived closer to 7:30.
Once I was checked in the nurse wanted to start me on a Pitocin drip and then possibly break my water, but I knew how quickly I went with Harper once they broke my water so I asked if we could just start with breaking my water. The nurse wasn't very receptive to the idea, but asked the Dr. and they agreed they would try it, even though it was against their normal induction. At that time I was 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced. They broke my water at 8 am and the contractions were really strong and long, but they weren't regular. They watched them for 45 minutes and then decided they wanted to give me 1 ml of Pitocin. About 10 minutes later the contractions were getting more intense and I mentioned to the nurse that in the next few hours I'd probably be ready to talk about an epidural. She said that the anesthesiologist was on the floor now, so if I wanted one now was the time to get it. At 9:30 a.m. they gave me an epidural in between very intense contractions. My left side was numb but I was still feeling all the contractions on the right side of my body. For about an hour I could do nothing but breath through the contractions I was feeling. The nurse checked me at 10:30 and I was 10 cm dilated and 100% effaced and asked if I wanted to do some "practice pushes" until the doctor was available.
She got me all set up and told me to push with my next contraction. Her eyes got huge and then she said to wait and ran out of the room to find the doctor. I looked at Ty and he said that Miles' head came out and he could see his eyebrows. Some practice push, huh? :) I had to wait 30-45 minutes for the doctor to be finished delivering the another baby before I could push again. Once the doctors and nurses were all set up they had me push with the next contraction. When it ended I told them I think I could just push one more time and he'd be there, but they wanted me to wait for the next contraction. About a minute later Mr. Miles was here!
No comments:
Post a Comment