This baby has got me nesting so bad, I kind of feel sorry for Ty and all the projects I have on his ever-growing list. Just last week I listed {and sold} all of the furniture in our Master and guest bedroom on a wild hair. This has resulted in us sleeping on our mattress on the floor until middle of March {which is really becoming sort of a struggle to get into a seated position with the belly of mine}, purchasing a dresser on a whim {that Ty absolutely hates}, and deciding he needs to build a frame for our newly wall mounted TV. I will try to post “progress pictures” but I really hate showing the in-between ugliness of when a room is transforming...


Friday night as Ty and I were sitting watching t.v. I looked up at our bookshelves and thought they looked sad. So while Ty was slaving working away at work on Saturday I decided I’d take it upon myself to give the bookshelves a little makeover.... I love the color, but think I may do a graphic stencil over the top down the road. Ty and I have gone back and forth if we should just mount the t.v. above the fireplace and then make additional cabinets like the left side, so that all plays a factor in my decision as well. So only time will tell if this is a “before/after post” or an “in-progress post”. I also thought about painting the back of the bookshelves the same color, but now I think the “trinkets” as Ty calls them would get lost and not pop as much...
 |
| More of a true reflection of the color. |
 |
| This was the color I used, more for my reference than yours :) For this I used Semi-gloss, but I think I should have used eggshell, which would have eliminated the sheen-ness caused from the spotlights... |
No comments:
Post a Comment