Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chair affair

So I'll be back to post about the last few weeks (camping, the 4th, moved in, etc.) but I just wanted to share a quick post about the chair I just completed.


I found this chair on the side of the road in our old neighborhood.  I quickly brought it home and stored it in our garage under some old plant pots hoping Tyler wouldn't notice... A few days later I came home from work only to notice this chair was on the side of the road yet again (Ty had found it!).  It sat there for a few months and I was told that if it was going to make the trip to our new house it had to be fixed.  So I bought some exterior fabric and reupholstered it and then sprayed oiled rubbed bronze (my new favorite, affectionately known as ORB in the DIY world) to create this 10 minute beauty that now sits on our new front porch.

Looking at this photo I may need to ORB and reupholster the stool I snatched from my great-aunt and great-uncle's auction a few years back... 

No comments:

Post a Comment