Hard
to believe this was already 4 years ago!
Little mama is growing up so fast.
Tyler and I think Harper has transitioned OUT of the terrible twos and
horrible threes. Now don’t get me wrong,
she still has her moments but she is now more reasonable and doesn’t drop to
the floor screaming and flopping like a fish at a drop of a hat.
Every
year I take off work for her birthday and we do fun stuff together. Donuts, lunch & the zoo seem to be our
thing.
2014:
This
year we decided to spice it up a little and add going to Garage Sales in the
morning. One of the surrounding towns
always has their citywide garage sales our birthday weekend so we decided to go
in the morning to see what kind of deals we could find. Turns out, they were AWESOME. One garage sale had all of their kids name
brand clothes for 10 cents apiece. I
walked away with 5 shopping bags STUFFED with clothes for Harper &
Miles. Another garage sale had a 4 year
old boy whose whole wardrobe consisted of Nike & Under Armour—at 25 cents
an item I picked up two bags worth of loot for Miles there. Two hours of garage sale-ing had Harper and I
tired and a whole trunk full of goodies.
Our nanny also gave Harper $5 for her to spend at garage sales. She
picked out a purse and a walking/barking puppy. J
After
garage sale-ing we picked up Ty for lunch and had Chick-fil-a al la fresco.
Harper loves picnics and the weather was beautiful. Once we dropped Tyler back off at work we
headed to the zoo. We did more running,
chasing, and walking on the choo-choo tracks (train was broken) than we did
looking at animals, but it was still a
lot of fun. Harper kept asking me
to race her. She’d tell me that I needed
to lose and then after she’d win I had to say, “whoa, you’re a SUPER fast
runner”.
| She was not impressed with the "Birthday Pony Ride" |
| She prefers her "ponies" to be fake :) |
| She wanted a serious face with the dinosaur |
All
in all it was a perfect 31st 4th Birthday.
The
next morning the whole family went to the Farmer’s Market. It was so humid and hot that it wasn’t very
enjoyable for anyone. We barely made it
all the way around the market before I got annoyed and needed air conditioning—the
kids were right there with me. The
farmer’s market is in the parking lot of the baseball park and at the park they
have a permanent Ferris Wheel that is open every day. We decided it would be fun to take the kids
on a ride, or the “weeeee” as Miles refers to it. It was the most terrifying experience of my
life with three littles on board. I was
super happy when it was our turn to get off... J
| Boy Selfie |
| Girl Selfie |
No comments:
Post a Comment