- I usually find really good recipes that he requests to be added into my meal rotation plan.
- I usually have a vision of a DIY project but a hard time explaining it. So when I stumble across a photo, or better yet a tutorial--it helps Ty understand what I'm trying to accomplish and more importantly the HOW behind it.
- It's helped me to define my style more and I don't make impulse buys (which later would have to be replaced, once I learn my style) as much, I'm more conscientious about my purchases (which really helped when building our house). I was able to refer back to my "dream home" folder and pull ideas, paint colors, etc. from that rather than being overwhelmed and just picking something on the fly.
So, I thought it'd be fun to try and showcase something I've pinned and then our spin on it every Friday. If you're on Pinterest and want to follow me, here I am: http://pinterest.com/riptastic/
So the first project I going to showcase, literally makes me smile every time I see it. I've tried quite a few methods of jewelry organization before and it never seemed to work for me quite how I envisioned it. So when I stumbled across this picture I thought it'd be just what I was looking for. I picked up two of these and 30 of these at my last trip to Ikea, thinking these were perfect for the space I had available inside my walk-in closet and were cheap enough if I didn't like them I wasn't out a lot of money.
So this is what I pinned:

And this is what I ended up with:
I still have plans of adding some sort of organization for my bracelets, watches, earrings, and rings but I'm still trying to figure out the best method for me. These are some of the things I've pinned to help me get inspired. You'll just have to stay tuned for future Friday posts to see what/if anything comes of it.
Here's my inspirational pins:

Also, I've created a board titled, "Been there, done that" where I'm moving all completed projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment