Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The lights

The whole building your own house has been really challenging. Part of me really enjoys it because I'm able to pick out exactly what I had in mind (kitchen cabinets, hardwoods, etc.) but there are other options that I don't really think about (where would you like the outdoor water spigot, electrical outlets, switches, style of towel bar holders, etc.)  Those are the things that make the whole process very overwhelming... So when it came to picking out light fixtures I went WAY over budget and I'm okay with that. I've picked out an eclectic mix of lights that will give each room a mood, but will still mesh well as a house (i think). So in my mind that deems going over budget acceptable...

In our last house we always went as cheap as possible and as standard as possible, so given the flexibility of cash and more our style--let's just say it was a deadly (and overwhelming) combination.  Ty made had to change my mentality of "we can change it later if we don't love it" because if I'm going over budget I better damn well LOVE it.  So here's what's going in our house, what do you think?

Breakfast Nook:

Foyer:

 Kitchen Island (2):





















Dining Room/Den/Kids playroom:

Kid's bedrooms (3):


Master bedroom & Great room:

Master bathroom:

Kid's bathrooms:

1/2 bath on Main floor (it's actually an Oiled Rubbed Bronze color):

Outdoor lights:



Whew.... that was exhausting....  Do they all match but at the same time aren't matchy-matchy? Are there any I shouldn't have picked?

Other than that we're going to the house tonight to see the progress. Last week when we were there they had all the trim work & built-ins complete.  All that's left to do is the flooring, painting, & light fixtures... and we may have news to share later this week (don't want to jinx it quite yet... and no Mom & Joni, it's not that kind of news)

No comments:

Post a Comment