Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Floors

I'm really not creative when it comes to titles... I thought long and hard and all I could come up with is "floors"... how lame...

Tyler and I picked out floors last weekend and I'm so stink'n excited for them that I just had to share. 

So without further ado... Meet our hardwoods that will reside in our kitchen, dining room, foyer, & breakfast nook:

I'm pretty much in love... and yes, they're true hardwoods...  I wanted them EVERYWHERE but Tyler kindly brought me back down to earth and put a limit on where we could get them.  We have hardwoods everywhere in our house now and it's sometimes annoying...

This is the tile that will go in the kid's bathrooms (Notice I said kid's...we don't have news to share (yet) --we're just thinking ahead...) and then the entry by the garage (which will have the laundry room, bathroom, & mudroom):

I'm not in love with the tile, but thought it'd serve it's main purpose--conceal dirt, grimy fingerprints and whatever Gracie does...

The master bath will have this on the floors:

and this on the shower walls and around the whirlpool:

I know, a touch impractical being completely white but I wanted it to have an "ahhh" feeling upon entering...  This was the only room Ty wasn't on board with, after some coaxing and letting him know how excited I was he finally gave in... Let's just hope I don't have to tell him "honey, you were right" after it's all said and lived in... because I'm not sure if those words are even in my vocabulary... ;)

So there you have it... those are our floors in the new house.  Now if only finding light fixtures were as easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment