Yup! The holiday better than my birthday or Christmas COMBINED! It's the
Iowa State Fair, and I
do consider it a holiday! I have slowly convinced Ty that it is indeed a holiday and he has almost learned to love it as much as I do. We started Harper out young and took her TWICE to the ISF. It was so nice last weekend we couldn't resist. :)
Friday night is East Siders night--for those of you unfamiliar with the fair, it's basically where weirdos come out of the woodwork and it's worth the full price admission to see these rare specimens. I wouldn't miss the first Friday night at the fair if my life depended on it, for this reason alone:
 |
| all you single ladies, I'm willing to bet he's not taken... |
Harper's first fair appearance. Let's just say she loved it, well maybe the 2 hours she was awake for it.
My dad, thinking "he's still got it"... Let's just say he embarassed himself :)
The testosterone-filled boys had to see who could reach the top:
 |
| Nick-the winner |
 |
| my dad. While it wasn't as funny as watching him try to do pull-ups his large "wood chopping" approach was still pretty comical |
 |
| Tyler's try--needless to say he didn't win Harper anything... |
Seriously, we probably spent 2 hours in the midway and Harper and I were starting to get bored and scared of the weirdos that "live" in the midway:
No comments:
Post a Comment