This
past weekend we went to Minneapolis for a long weekend and we had such a great
time, I was sad to see it come to an end.
For Father’s day the boys decided to buy their dad a ticket to watch the
Twins play. It was originally going to
be a guy’s weekend, but once I started to think about them being so close to
IKEA and getting a whole weekend kid free I suggested the wives all invite
themselves and make it a family weekend. J I mean that’s the point of Father’s Day—to spend
it with family, it doesn't matter if it’s a few months later.
| "Old Fashion fun" |
| We've been going through a phase of rotating between 1 of 3 dresses. This morning (when it was 90+ degrees) she decided she needed to wear her "sweater". |
Since
we had a six (yes, SIX) hour car ride ahead of us, we decided to leave Friday
morning. Let me just say, it took the
entire six hours between potty breaks (trick question: who needs more potty
breaks—a pregnant mama or a 3 year old?) and eating. We even brought the truck (sans DVD player) because
we didn't know what purchases from IKEA we were going to get. Before we left, I even asked Ty how we were
going to entertain the kids the entire time.
His response was—the old fashion way... (insert panic face here). For the most part if Harper wasn't sleeping
or eating she was asking 989,341 questions/comments and if Miles wasn't eating
or sleeping he was just watching and smiling at his sissie (that is what she
DEMANDS to be called nowadays and even introduces herself as Miles’ sissie). I was so impressed by the kids, but was really
scared that meant it would be an awful drive home on Sunday... Once we arrived we checked into our hotel and
decided we needed to get out and walk around.
So we spent Friday night wandering around the Mall of America (which all
we bought was $4 worth of toys from the Dollar Tree). LAME-O.
| DORA! |
Once
Ty’s family all arrived we met at IKEA and perused the awesomeness. A couple
hours later it was time for the boys to go to the game and the girls to take
the kids back to the Mall. The kids were
up until 11 pm that night and were perfect little angels—I again fully expected
to pay for it in the morning with two overly tired, cranky kids. Yet they
surprised me again and slept in until 7:30!!!! Can I get a Whoot! Whoot!?
| The view from their seats |
| A good look'n group of boys! |
| Miles was OBSESSED with the gorillas and polar bears. He kept growling and grunting at them |
| "I am NOT happy and I DON'T want my picture taken!!" |
| Grandparents and babies attempt #1 |
| Grandparents and babies attempt #2 |
| Grandparents and babies attempt #3 |
| Attempt #1 at all cousins on a hot, metal turtle |
| Attempt #2 at all cousins on a hot, metal turtle |
| Waiting their turn |
| "Giddyup Horsey!" |
Some
of my favorite comments from Harper this weekend:
While
looking for a restroom at Kohls:
H: “Daddy!
I got to go potty really, really bad”
T: “Okay,
let’s hurry”
H:
Stops mid track, her eyes get huge and she says, “Daddy! There are so many of
these boobie holders here! What are they called?”
T: “Bras”
H: “Ohh....”
While
driving down the road:
H: “Hey,
is it okay if we stop? I need to go poopoo in the grass”
K: “Umm,
no. We’ll stop at a restroom”
H: “I
want to go in the grass”
On
our way home at a rest stop and what seemed like a very long time waiting:
K: “Are
you done?”
H:
Puts her hand up like she’s directing traffic and says, “Mom! I need you to be
patient. It just needs a little time”
We
were stopped and I asked Harper if she had to go potty
H: “Mama,
quit asking me. I will tell you when I have to go”
We
get back on the road and not even 2 minutes later...
H: “I
HAVE TO GO POTTY—REALLY, REALLY BAD! Oh, peepee—stay in there!”
We
pull off onto an exit and I get her out to do her business on the side of the
road
H: “Ohh,
goodie. I get to go potty like the mountain goats”
And I
just realized these were all potty jokes... There were more, but apparently I’m
in full pregnant-forget-everything mode... but, she literally had us cracking up
all weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment