Tuesday, July 29, 2014

this day would come...

If you know Ty, then you're probably aware his profession should have been a truck driver or a sailor--he's got an awful mouth! Combined with the fact that his actual job entails working in a factory where cussing happens more than your typical office setting, it was only a matter of time before his colorful language was passed onto his children. Well, my friends that day has come...

So when Ty was trying to park the camper from our exhausting camping weekend something on the hitch wasn't working.  When Ty got out to inspect it he said, "dammit" a few too many times...

I just thought I'd share a few conversations we've had lately at the DeMaris house...

Me: "Harper, will you please pick up your books?"
Harper: "Uhhh {long exasperated sigh} dammit"

Last weekend I went home and while the kids, my mom, and I were garage saling:
Grandma: "We've done nothing but go to dud garage sales"
Harper: "Ohh, dammit"

Harper: "Hey mom, what's a word I can say instead of dammit?"
Me: "well, you could say 'dang!' or 'shoot!'
Harper: "I tried to tell my lambie that, but she just wants to say dammit! Is that okay?"
Me: "no, we don't say that word"
Harper: "well, dang and shoot sound like naughty words too"

Harper: "Hey Miss Melissa, did you know dammit is a bad word?  We don't say dammit.  Did you know daddy said dammit when he had the camper?  Daddy is very naughty for saying dammit"

Harper was crafting with glitter glue {her latest obsession}:
Harper: "Hey mom, aren't you so proud of me for not saying dammit?  The glitteries is all gone and I wanted to say dammit, but I didn't..."

No comments:

Post a Comment