Monday, January 28, 2013

storage solution

I’m not sure what has gotten into us the last few weeks, but we are knocking items off our “honey-do” list left and right! Tyler attributes it to me nesting and I attribute it to him not working the last 2 weekends... If you ask our friend Jeff, he says it’s my excuse to get Tyler in a tool belt as much as I can...(do you blame me?)
A few years ago for Halloween Tyler dressed up as a construction worker and I may or may not have kept gushing at how studly he looked. 
And ever since Jeff has not let me live it down.... :)

You may remember this summer when we tackled our mud room shoe storage dilemma:

Around that same time Ty built a stand for our washer & dryer (did you know they charge like $1,000 for a pair from the furniture store, that’s just crazy!) It basically was a glorified coffee table with some decorative trim attached to the front. I thought this would be a perfect place to add another box for additional storage. But then it sat that way for months...Until last weekend.

Tyler and I went to Home Depot and picked out all the supplies we’d need. He built one box for under the washer and dryer and then we thought while we’re at it we might as well build another box on the opposite side that used to house our kitty litter pan and now it just sits empty. We never saw the need to have to shelves designated to hold laundry baskets. We keep all of our dirty laundry upstairs or throw it in the top basket, and once it’s washed it gets folded immediately and brought upstairs. It took us about 1.5 hours to build and stain the two boxes. We then tied more rope as a handle and added caster wheels to complete the project. Right now they just sit empty, because I’ve got more storage in this house than I know what to do with, but I’m sure over time they’ll fill up with something...

No comments:

Post a Comment