Thursday, October 25, 2012

Here we come Mexico!

So I was going to wait to blog about our upcoming trip until it was over (you know so someone doesn't read this and then get the idea to break into our house rob us blind, but I'll take my chances of only a handful of aunts, moms, and friends actually read this blog...).  I got our flight itinerary emailed to me the other day and then I visited the Happe Blog where they've posted numerous times about our upcoming trip to Mexico. That got me itching to go to Mexico so I thought I'd share that itch with you all (you can thank me later for your impromptu trip to the beach).

When Brooke and I graduated with our undergrad we took a trip to Mexico (and brought our boyfriends with us--that sounds so weird to say!).  It was dirt cheap and we had such a good time that we all agreed when we were all married and things were settled down that we'd go again.

 Well the time has come for us to go back.  We were sitting around thinking of all the life changes that have happened in our lives and thought, "man, we need some R&R!"

Since our last visit in 2007, the following milestones have occurred:
  • Ty graduated with his Undergrad
  • Ty, Jeff, and myself graduated with our MBA's
  • Brooke was an over achiever and graduated with her Doctorate
  • Both couples moved to the Des Moines Area
  • We both got married and had babies (10 days apart)
  • Countless new jobs (at least 4 that I can think of)
All of those reasons alone are cause for celebration and I can't think of a better couple to tip a few Margaritas back celebrate and get some much deserved R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment